Softbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting

Go down

Interesting Empty Interesting

Post  Machine Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:45 am

Released in April 2011. This album started around the fall of 2008. We had already been jamming Interesting, Spiral, parts of Machine, and most of Buried Alive. That fall both Todd and Jamie were busy so I went into the basement and started writing and arranging using my fourtrack & cubase5, (sometimes on my new laptop if I just needed remember a quick riff) and made demos. We officially started recording Feb 2009 and Jamie was let go shortly there after. I had made a list of 21 songs I felt needed to be recorded, although in the end only 8 would be going on the album. Making time in our mismatched schedules was difficult, and was the largest limitation for the recording of these songs. But I had also placed alot on our plate. We had for a short while thought about making a double album, but decided against it in the end. It took almost 2 years to finish but that's half of the time of Fallen and production-wise sounded light years ahead of Fallen even before we sent it to be mixed. Everything was recorded through proffesional mics and went into the firepod then into Cubase ST. Jordan Tupper picked up guitar duties about one week after we finished recording. Justin Bender picked up the mixing duties again but it delayed the CD about 6 months. When we recieved the first test song, I have to say it surpassed my expectations and sounds fantastic. We decided to buy digipaks this time and would be happy to sell one to you.

I am starting to understand something as well. I am a fairly prolific writer and although I will be the first to admit not every song I write is awesome I am emotionally invested in all of them. My biggest problem is our writing to recording phase is SO long that I have to live with these songs for 4 years or more. I understand now how important it is that these are the best representations for this cycle, because it may be another 4 years or more before we finish the next one. Without the value of hindsight I feel very confident in saying that I will continue to like all these songs for a long time, and that they were the strongest work we did during this time.
Machine
Machine

http://www.softboxmetal.com

Back to top Go down

Interesting Empty Re: Interesting

Post  Machine Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Machine
Machine

http://www.softboxmetal.com

Back to top Go down