Softbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

2 posters

Go down

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier Empty Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

Post  Machine Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:50 pm

I have really enjoyed the last three albums from these guys. Brave New world was awesome and a great way to re-introduce themselves. Dances with Death IMHO was the weakest of the three, but still had great songs on it and was still fun to listen to. A Matter of Life and Death was another awesome album, and now I have to say they have 4 great albums in a row. The first track(s) open with Maiden experimenting (again) with keyboards this time in a happier marriage. But the rest of the album (and the second half of the first track) are all the convetional 3 guitar stuff. So far my favorates are The Final Frontier, Mother of Mercy, Coming Home, Starblind. I may have to do more driving so I can listen to more of this album.
Machine
Machine

http://www.softboxmetal.com

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier Empty Re: Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

Post  Machine Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:14 am

I am SO pissed!!!! My truck ate the cover for this CD, at least the CD is still in the CD player.
Machine
Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  todd Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:42 am

how did that happen.................never mind only in your world would that happen. And i agree with Kurt that Brave new World is a great Madien CD although the new cd is great I just feel that there great songs on the cd but the cd from front to end was weak.
todd
todd

Back to top Go down

Post  Machine Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:46 pm

I disagree. From start to finish I liked this one alot. It certainly is not weak (would you like another helping of a JP concept album?) it is better than Dances with Death and A Matter of Life and Death. Not to say there aren't great songs on either of those albums just as a whole I like this one better. But it does not beat Brave New World. Over all in the catalogue I feel it rates in about the middle of many other releases. Better than Fear of the Dark, No Prayer for the Dying, The X Factor but not nearly as good as Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave. Many killer songs here like Starblind, Mother of Mercy. The ONLY song I dislike is Satelite 15, it's just too repetitive and when Bruce starts singing the song sounds like it's mired in the mud. Too bad it's lumped with the title track, I would prefer to skip Satelite 15 and go straight to The Final Frontier, and the next 9 songs.
Machine
Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum